Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Leave Grandma Alone

As readers of this blog you are all well aware of who I am supporting in the November Presidential Election. Thus, you also know that I am not a supporter of Senator Obama.
For just a moment I am going to support him today.

This morning I heard on the radio that Mr. Obama would be traveling to Hawaii to visit his seriously ill grandmother. I hope that the mere reporting of his travels is all that the press does with this story. His family should be left alone and this story should not be politicized by the media, the Republicans, or the Democrats.

All of us, whether we are major political figures or private citizens have family emergencies from time to time. All of us, deserve the same amount of respectful privacy when we must deal with them. Therefore I hope that we can offer this to Mr. Obama whether or not we support his bid for the White House.

No comments: