Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gloucester High Baby Pact


As I sit in my easy chair listening to the Fox News Channel I have heard mostly of my favorite topic - the 2008 Presidential Election. However, as other topics have been visited on On The Record with Greta Van Susteren I was disgusted to learn of a story out of Gloucester High School in Gloucester, MA.

The story is one of teenage girls, age 16, who made a pact to all get pregnant with the goal of then raising their children together. Several girls have made "good" on the first part of the pact and have become pregnant. These girls have been impregnated by some of their fellow teenage students and also by one of the local homeless people who is reported to be 24!

I am not sure whether or not to put this in the category of "The End of the World" as perhaps the Mayor of Gumption County would do on the Garage Logic out of Minnesota! In some respects it seems like an "End of the World." We are talking about children planning to actively become pregnant so that they can have a baby to "raise." This is insane - they are children themselves and are certainly not qualified to raise a child! I am tempted to ask where the parents are and what the hell they are doing while their little girls are out plotting these sexual escapades, however I am not sure I really want to know.

On the other hand, this really doesn't fit in the category of "End of the World." The sad reality is that this story is not as shocking as it should be. In our society today, I am not really all that surprised to hear that this has taken place. I wish I could say that I was shocked and amazed but all I really can say is that I was disgusted.

There should be no such thing as a baby pact between children or for that matter adults. There is really only one proper place for there to be any talk of a "Baby Pact" and that would be between a man and a woman who are united to each other in the bond of marriage. Outside of the bond of marriage not only should there be no "Baby Pact" between anyone - there should not be any activity that might lead to a baby - pact or not. For all of you in Rio Linda that means that sexual intercourse is reserved for one man and one woman who are married to each other!

Come Lord Jesus, Come Quickly!

1 comment: