Saturday, September 27, 2008

Barack Obama Doesn't Want My Vote


Today, my wife and I were at the local farmers' market. The market is a wonderful place to enjoy a cornucopia of delectable fresh vegetables, fruits, and other goodies. This market is also a place where many people play music and interact with the great crowds of people. Today, among those who were interacting with the crowds, were people wearing T-shirts like those in the picture. That's right, there at the market, there were a significant number of Senator Barack Hussein Obama (D-IL) supporters. These supporters were there for the purpose of registering people to vote.

First let me say, the task of these Obama supporters is a noble one. I firmly believe that we have a tremendous privilege in this great country to cast our vote. I want everyone to vote - it is their privilege and their civic duty. So, registering voters is a noble task.

Secondly let me say, these Obama supporters must not have wanted me to vote for some reason. Maybe it is that Senator Obama doesn't want my vote. I passed no less than five of these folks. Only one of them was actually talking to anyone. Yet - despite the fact that I purposefully made eye contact with them and smiled - no one asked me or my wife to register to vote!

Now - it is important to note that neither of us was wearing anything to indicate who we are, what our ideology is, what our religious beliefs are, or anything to suggest that we are Republicans. I found this amazing! I guess Barack Obama doesn't want my vote! This is one thing that Barack Obama and I agree on! It is not a problem that he does not want my vote - because I don't want to vote for him.

Shortly after this event took place this morning, I visited Senator John Sidney McCain III's (R-AZ) headquarters here in Missouri. While I was there I picked up two McCain / Palin yards signs which I am now very proudly displaying on my corner lot!

No comments: