Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Seven Years Ago


September 11, 2001 was a terrible day in the United States of America. On that day 1,000's of Americans were killed by Muslim Extremists, terrorists. Innocent Americans were killed for no reason in the World Trade Center, at the Pentagon, and in a field in Shanksville, PA. On that day many heroes emerged: those who fought the terrorists in the air on United 93, the many Police, Fire, and Rescue personnel on the ground and countless others.

I remember the day well and I am sure that I will never forget it. I am thankful that our nation has been kept safe from further attacks from these terrorists. I am thankful that our United States Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force, and Coast Guard are doing their jobs both here at home and on the battle field abroad to keep us safe.

As September 11, 2008, the seventh anniversary, comes this year I hope that all of us will pause to remember those who died, give thanks for the heroes of that day and of the years of battle since. God Bless America!

No comments: