Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Small Turnout


Yesterday, I inquired where the Republicans were on the ballots for today's primary elections in the State of Missouri. I also observed that because there were few choices it might hardly be necessary to hold a primary. Nevertheless, I went to the polls today and cast my ballot for my choices in the races where I had options and also for a tax proposal that was on my ballot.

I wasn't alone but I was not in the company of very many. During the time I was at the polls there were about four other voters there, one of whom was my wife! I have not heard the final numbers for the day but I do know that they were projecting about a 1/3 voter turnout. If you ask me - and since you are reading my blog, you kind of did - that is ridiculous!

Limited choices or not - voting is a still a wonderful right that we have in this nation and it should not be taken for granted. If there are decisions to be made the voters should be making them. From what I have gathered from news reports so far the 1/3 voter turn out prediction will not have been exceeded by any means!

Personally, I am happy that I live in a free country where I have the right to vote and I gladly exercised that right today. God Bless America!

No comments: